- Objective: This case study details removing the instrument cluster from a Volkswagen T6.1 Transporter and installing a mileage blocker in London.
- Vehicle: 2021 Volkswagen Transporter T6.1
- Location: Tower Hamlets, London.
- The Volkswagen T6.1 Transporter is renowned for its robustness and adaptability.
- A mileage blocker is intended to freeze the recording of distance traveled by the vehicle.
- The vehicle was parked in a secure garage with adequate lighting.
- Tools required for removal are a T20 Torx drive/screwdriver and set of trim removal tools.
- The vehicle’s battery was disconnected to ensure safety and prevent any electrical error codes (this ins’t required but it is always advised).
Removing the Instrument Cluster
- The dashboard trim surrounding the instrument cluster was carefully removed using trim removal tools.
- 2 x T20 Torx screws securing the instrument cluster were unscrewed, and the cluster was gently pulled out.
- Electrical connectors attached to the cluster were disconnected.